Is being a generous and committed company — like most convenience stores — helping to increase sales?
Good question!… to which we may answer positively!
The numbers speak for themselves:
- 70% of Canadians are more likely to purchase from companies that support charities;
- 81% of Canadians agree that all companies should give back;
- 68% saying they would be more loyal to companies that have a corporate giving mandate;
- nearly half (46%) of Canadians say they have based their purchase on whether or not a company was considered charitable;
- 48% are willing to spend more on products from companies that give back.
“Charitable giving helps drive economic growth because Canadians not only prefer to support businesses that give back, they are also willing to spend more at businesses that do so,” said Debbie Gamble, Chief Officer of Innovation Labs and New Ventures at Interac.
Interac is a proud sponsor of The Upside Foundation to help promote connecting business innovation to social good and encourage Canadians to spend smart this holiday season.